Monday, March 10, 2008

Tacoma, Washington

Juli has been in Tacoma, Washington all week visiting her best friend Mandy. Mandy is in the Army and will be deploying to Iraq soon for the third time, and Juli went out to spend some time with her before she goes.

Fifty years ago, I was in Tacoma. Although I don't remember being born there and traveling home to Illinois when I was one year old, it's kind of neat that Juli is there now. She'll tell me all about it and I'll see it through my daughter's eyes.

She says it's beautiful ... and the pine trees are awesome! I'm so glad she got to go, and I wish I could have gone with her. Maybe someday we'll get to go together. I'd love to see where I lived that first year and see the town that I was born in. My Dad was in the Army and Mom followed him out there when she was seventeen years old, married him there, and I was born the following year.

Juli will be flying home tomorrow .... so please keep her in your prayers that she has a safe flight! This little bird loves to travel, and she'll be landing in Indianapolis tomorrow night at 8:00PM. Until her feet are firmly planted on Indiana ground I'll be worried about her!

Be Blessed Everyone.