Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake

Wow ... It's 4:43 am and we just had a doozie of a Earthquake. Our house swayed and things shook for what seemed like forever. It was as if things were rolling, and the sound is what woke me up.

The odd thing is, that we live by a coalmine and when they blast, we feel things shake at times, but this wasn't the coalmine. I remember the last Earthquake about twenty years ago, and this was quite a bit "more" and lasted longer than a typical blast.

Then Juli called me crying saying that they were woke up with her house shaking and everything is off the walls. She obviously is closer to the epicenter than I am. She lives about one hour north-west of me.

At least it didn't wake the kiddo's up ... whew!

Added: after listening to the news ... it's confirmed. 5.4 on the richter scale, and the epicenter is located in West Salem, Illinois.

West Salem is where we lived when my older kiddo's were born and growing up. I wonder if they'll all think about the time when they were little and I had a Earthquake drill. Something tells me that they will!