Sunday, May 4, 2008

My Sister Kim

Meet my sister Kim, and her daughter Erin. Say hello everyone. Today we had a Bridal luncheon for my niece Tory. Kim and I, along with my other two sisters, Robin and April hosted the whole she-bang. It was a great success and lots of fun. Loads of food, lots of laughs and a few tears. It was a recipe for happiness on a beautiful sunny day!

As I was driving home this evening .. it dawned on me, this was not a traditional bridal shower. Instead, it was a coming together of families. It was spiritual. It held presence, and it was beautiful. The words spoken and the words heard had so much meaning. I truly felt the presence of God in the room.

Coming together of families .. not as in the joining of two families, but in the sense of healing a broken family. Not broken in the sense of injustice or divisions, but broken in the sense of time.

We all get busy in our everyday life .. and life happens. Time marches on, and we look back and see that our lives have changed. Some of us have grown up, and others of us .. have grown apart. It was nice to bring everyone back together today, in prayer .. and in love. It was especially nice today ... to have the sister-in-law that I've missed become a part of us again.

I am a very lucky sister. I have three sisters and one brother, and we're all very close. We have truly been blessed to have each other. I just can't imagine my life without them.

I love you Sis ... it was a great day! We did it good.